Sunday, February 22, 2015

Television Series: Planet of the Apes

Some of you may be like "they had a television series?" If so, don't feel bad, as I first became aware of this a couple years ago. In fact, out of the five movies they made (shown in the 2nd image), I only watched the original flick. I have the other 4 movies on DVD, but they are just sitting there collecting dust for some strange reason.

Anyway, they made a Planet of the Apes television series in 1974. The complete TV series contains 14 episodes. Believe it or not, they were actually pretty good! I was surprised, especially after finding out they got cancelled after their first year. I've read and heard before that the reason they didn't make it, was because of two other highly competitive shows on NBC they were airing during that same time frame/television channel, etc. The two shows that supposedly put the Planet of the Apes' TV series out of business was: 1) Sanford and Son 2) Chico and the Man

Well, I just thought I'd share this today in case some of y'all wasn't aware of this particular series. It sort of reminds me of when I did a post about Star Trek: The Animated Series on another website before, since many of y'all were not aware of that one, as well.

Image Credit: My own photo

Shopping (Affiliate) Link: 

"Click Here for the Planet of the Apes Television Series"


---End of Post

No comments:

Post a Comment