Sunday, February 22, 2015

Star Trek: The Animated Series - DVDs

I know there are a lot of Trekkers out there, and Star Trek is one of the most popular science fiction shows around. Personally, I always liked the original series the best, but to each their own. The Next Generation seemed pretty good, too, but I only watched the first few seasons of that one and I have no idea about all the new ones out there now.

Anyway, for the ones that liked the original series, a lot of you may not realize that they made an animated series a few years after they quit making the regular episodes. The box says 1973 - 1974. Well, I received mine as a gift several years ago. At first, I was reluctant to watch them right away, because I thought that since they were animated, the quality must have been compensated and that the plots most likely sucked. Well, after watching a few of them, I was surprised. They were pretty good and it is a must-have for any original Star Trek collector.

The DVD set comes with all 22 episodes of the animated adventures of Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek. I don't know how much it costs now, but mainly because I got mine free - since it was a gift; ha! At any sci-fi rate, I just thought I'd share that today; cheers!

Image Credit: My own photo of the product.

Shopping (Affiliate) Link: 

"Click Here for Star Trek: The Animated Series - DVDs"

---End of Post

No comments:

Post a Comment